Monday, March 17, 2008

iPhone Enterprise Beta Program


I guess you could say that Apple has definitely caught my attention with their latest announcements. One detail that particularly interested me was the opportunity for Enterprise IT Managers to apply for the iPhone Enterprise Beta Program. This is a chance for some of us to get our grubby paws on the new ActiveSync applications for the iPhone and run it through the wringer. I've applied, but I'm not sure my organization is large enough. I'll be sure to let you guys know if I get approved.

Here is a more complete list of the features that will be included in the iPhone 2.0 software beta:
Push email
Push contacts
Push calendar
Global Address List
Certificates and Identities
WPA2/802.1x
Enforced security policies
More VPN protocols
Device configuration
Remote wipe

Here are the requirements to qualify for the beta:
A team of no more than five people to test the iPhone 2.0 software beta
One team member with administrative access to your IT infrastructure
A designated technical lead to act as a primary contact for Apple
All team members to read and accept the terms of the Apple Customer Seed and Confidentiality Agreement
A Mac computer using Mac OS X Leopard v10.5.2 or later
Up to five iPhones that are dedicated to testing the software and assigned to individual team members

So if any of you are Sys Admins, hurry up and apply!!!

No comments: